Our special one-week session, known as Explorer Week, is an opportunity for new campers to “test out” sleepaway camp, and for campers already enrolled in another session to continue having the time of their lives! Explorer Week will take place from August 5-11, 2018.
Here are some of the awesome things we have in store for the week:
- In the morning, campers can choose from the following options for the week:
- Arts, Aquatics, Adventure and Athletics – Campers can specialize in one of our traditional activities. There will be more elaborate arts projects, a sports extravaganza, exciting adventure activities, wilderness survival skills, aquatics activities, and SO MUCH MORE!
- Hip Hop Dance – Led by our partners from BOLD Arts dance studio, campers spend the week immersed in dance and the arts, culminating in a high-energy, original performance created by the campers to live music. Expect to have fun, be challenged, and exposed to various styles of dance, storytelling, and incredible music.
- Coding – Campers will receive in-depth instruction in coding, where they’ll learn to create awesome websites.
- Robotics – In this intensive robotics program, campers will build cool robots. Last year campers built a robotic snake – find out what this year’s projects will be!
- Three special elective activities each afternoon
- GWT’s “Greatest Hits” – campers’ favorite evening activities from other sessions
- An optional three-day/two-night campout for 13-16 year old campers who are also enrolled in another session
Explorer Week is open to first-time campers ages 7-14, and campers age 7-16 who are also attending any of our other sessions can add Explorer Week. Please note that first-time campers can attend any of our two-week sessions as well!
Click HERE for Explorer Week rates.