Why should you choose Greenwood Trails over another camp? We’ve got another answer for you in our blog series “Choosing Greenwood Trails.”
We want to make sure that our campers are able to control their lives at camp so we have created an autonomous environment at Greenwood Trails. Our motto is “Choose Your Own Trail,” which can be interpreted in a couple of different ways:
- Our camp is choice based, which means that campers get to participate in activities that they choose. Our younger campers will have a couple of activities scheduled for them during the day to ensure they bond with their cabinmates. BUT even younger campers will have four activities a day that they choose. Our older campers will have 6 periods a day to choose.
- Campers can be who they want to be at Greenwood Trails. Choosing their own trail could mean that campers can choose to take risks that aren’t available in a school environment. Because we encourage our campers to be their best selves, campers gain confidence to be the people they want to be… and that’s a powerful experience!
When campers get to choose who they are and what they want to do, we get to see kids breaking social barriers, being braver than they’ve ever been, and excelling in activities that they really enjoy.
Searching for summer camps can be so overwhelming for parents.
As experienced parents themselves, Owen & Daria (Co-Directors and parents to Evelyn and Thea) and Kate (Assistant Director and parent to Hyatt) understand how overwhelming these options can be. But also as parents, they understand that ultimately, you’re looking for a safe place where your child can have fun.
Over the next few weeks, we’re going to take an in-depth look at why Greenwood Trails is the perfect place for your camper.
WHY GREENWOOD TRAILS?
The size of our camp is just perfect in so many ways:
- We limit the camp to no more than 180 campers each session. Only 1-2 cabins are assigned per age group and gender.
- As soon as our campers arrive, our trained staff help to make campers feel welcome by playing team building games with their bunkmates.
- Team building doesn’t just stop at the cabins. Throughout the first two days of each session, campers get to know other cabins to help create that family feeling we all crave. We also play crazy all camp games every night after dinner.
- The leadership team gets to know your child. If you have any questions about your child during their stay at Greenwood Trails, our head counselors will have the answer for you! It’s hard to put your trust in someone who is taking care of your child. Andrea and Mac’s job is to get to know all of the campers so they can help you feel as comfortable as possible while your camper is at camp.
Greenwood Trails is so special and we look forward to sharing more with you in our next edition of “Why Greenwood Trails?”